If you’re recovering from addiction and need support, then an intensive outpatient substance abuse treatment program could be the right option. In an intensive outpatient program, you receive valuable guidance, structure, community care, and resources.
We would love to introduce you to our highly successful IOP program at Rally Recovery. To learn more about intensive outpatient substance abuse treatment programs, and our, in particular, contact us at 781.412.1488.
What Is Intensive Outpatient Treatment?
Intensive outpatient treatment is usually done over an extended period. Patients usually do not receive medical care or any other health care during the treatment process unless they specifically request such a setting. There are intense individual therapy sessions with therapists and doctors and structured group sessions and activities.
Intensive outpatient treatment programs are intensive in that they require a significant time and energy commitment. Progress is monitored very closely by staff who work closely with a person in recovery every day to decrease and ideally eliminate relapse.
The personnel who work with clients in intensive outpatient programs have been trained specifically for this kind of work. As such, they know what to do for patients to get well and stay well. This type of treatment makes it easier for those suffering from addiction relapse to stay on track.
Some of the benefits of an IOP are:
- Learning and practicing healthy coping skills with daily guidance and feedback
- Positive encouragement
- Structured peer support
- Focused time to heal and receive needed care
- Fresh perspectives on everyday problems to prevent potential relapse
- An individualized treatment plan to ensure your best opportunity for successful recovery
- Acquisition of new skills and abilities
- Support and resources related to succeeding in work or school
An intensive outpatient program for addiction recovery could be the missing link in your recovery success.
How to Choose an Intensive Outpatient Program
The first step in deciding whether or not you should begin an intensive outpatient therapy program is to consider your personal history of substance abuse. Intensive outpatient therapy is ideal for people who have been clean and sober long enough to decide they want to stay clean and sober permanently.
Here are a few important questions to sit with as you make a decision:
- Are there any co-occurring mental health disorders that require specialized treatment or the possibility of co-occurring disorders?
- Do you have a safe, sober, and supportive place to live? And, is the IOP equipped to support you in finding one?
- Are you seeking a briefer, more intense program? Because an IOP is usually a six to eight-week commitment.
- What kind of health insurance coverage do you have, and does it cover an IOP?
- What is the nearest outpatient center of your choice? If there’s more than one, consider interviewing a couple.
- What is your family’s relationship to the drug/alcohol addiction problem?
- What kind of education, including vocational training, do you need, and is it important that your addiction recovery program is available?
- What sort of attitude do you wish to maintain while in the program?
- How much personal attention do you expect from your lead therapist, and how much time with your peers do you want to spend?
- Are you intending to use an intensive outpatient program as a tool for recovery or as a more gradual means of maintaining sobriety?
Using these questions as guideposts, you should be able to find an intensive outpatient program that fits your unique needs.
Reach Out to Rally Recovery Today to Learn More
The IOP at Rally Recovery offers a variety of individualized treatment options in a clean, safe, and welcoming environment. We look forward to providing top-tier support on your recovery journey. Reach out to us today to learn more at 781.412.1488.